We all know hosting a party involves so much more than sending out a few invites and serving hors d'oeuvres, but it doesn’t have to be intimidating! Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, shower, corporate event, or a fun summer soiree for friends, there are simple steps you can follow to take stress out of the equation. Remember there’s no “right” way to throw a party; we’re simply bringing you some tips we’ve accumulated along the way, and of course, a fabulous dessert recipe! Let’s channel your inner party planner, and remember to have some fun!
Your Planning Checklist
- Your planning checklist should start with a written to-do list: keep track of everything - the guest list, the food, decorations to buy, etc. Trust us, writing down all the small details will make your life so much easier!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If guests are kind enough to offer assistance throughout the course of the event, take them up on it! Merely having someone help refill the punch bowl can make all the difference.
- Consider picking a theme to set the tone of the event, as this will also help you choose decor. If you’re not sure exactly how to decorate, never underestimate the power of candles! Tea candles and such are an easy way to create elegance, and set a look that sparkles.
- Be sure to make introductions. This sounds like a no-brainer, but can sometimes get lost in the bustle of things to do.
- Set up a “Kids Only” table, so all the little ones can have their own fun. Offer toys, coloring and other activities that will keep the kiddos smiling and occupied.
- Give yourself a head start! Do what you can the night before to cut down on stress, such as setting the table and arranging decor.
Dessert Recipe: Brownie Pizza
Looking for a dessert dish that’s sure to wow your guests!? This incredible brownie pizza recipe should do the trick. And when it comes to the toppings, you have full creative freedom! We encourage you to play with this recipe to find your perfect flavor. Fresh fruit, marshmallows, candy pieces - add whatever you can dream up, and be prepared for your guests to ooh and ahh. Get the full recipe here.
Also check out…
For more entertaining tips, check out Hamptons Entertaining: Creating Occasions to Remember. This book offers a wealth of party planning inspiration from lavish parties on the East End of Long Island.